Top 5 things not to do on the beach

Chad and I just returned from spending a week in Folly Beach, South Carolina.  To sum it up, we played in the ocean, relaxed under a beach umbrella, and ate.  It was AWESOME!  We both like very low key vacations, so this was right up our alley.  We did, though, make several observations of what not to do on the beach.

If you are at the beach, you should NOT...
#5:  Tan until you are oddly dark.  Like freakishly dark.
#4:  Leave your food unattended.  Birds will have a party on your beach towel.
#3:  Pour diet coke on your kid's hands to wash the sand off for snack time.  
#2:  Bring your newborn to the beach.  It is 100 degrees outside and neither of you are having fun.
#1:  Tell your kid not to get sand on the towel.  Really people?  It's the beach!

On a different note, I absolutely love the beach.  God is so amazing & the beach just proves that even more.  It is gorgeous.  Also, since my love language is quality time, I really enjoyed all the uninterrupted time that Chad & I got to spend together.  This summer has been crazy busy (in a good way!), but it was great to get to relax for a whole week.  I hope that one day we get to return to Folly Beach.  Until then, I will dream of the beach, the waves, and the sand =).


1 comment:

  1. Cute picture! I'm catching up on your most recent posts! : )

    ReplyDelete